the Rift

[OPEN] THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit
He gives me his heart, his soul; I cannot look into the depths of his gaze, for I might lose myself in the comfort I see there, the warm embrace, the trust, the love. I cannot see the reason for his devotion, the strength he sees in me I am so often blind to, just as he is blind to his own ability. Akaith, is there no way to right what is wrong in the world?
Without wrong, how would we know what was right?
Which is why we must restore the balance, we on our side, they on theirs.. The Grey think they lay in the middle, but there is no middle of the scale; eventually one must choose one way or another, and tip the scale, alter the balance, awaiting the other side to rise once more to eventually even it out. It is a tiring game Akaith, how will I know when t is over? How will we know when there is a winner? A true balance?
It is as you say. The balance is ever changing, just as TallSun shows more sunlight and FrostFall less, there will always be change to what keeps the balance in check, alterations to where it will tip to one side or another. To survive you must merely be aware of this.
How are we to survive this? They will lose hope in me Akaith, in our message, our understanding, once they learn that even if we do balance the scales once more, they will inevitably tip again, and again, and then what?
Then we continue on.
Without them?
They chose to follow you. You will not stop them if they choose not to.
I love them, Akaith. All of them. I could not bear to lose them.
So don't.

"My motives are simple, Thor." The little mare spoke with her deep, exotically curled voice, fixing her sharp, renewed stare upon the steed with the full force of her determination, however rimmed by pain it was. "We will keep the balance. We will endure. We will not be bullied." There was a hint of distaste pinching at her lips as she spoke the last words, the frustration of having her loved ones poached from right under her nose causing her voice to quaver slightly. "No war will be started by our forces; but we will not be beaten should they wish to face us with honour and integrity on our borders, instead of sniping at those who are not even warriors in the wildlands." A wince crossed her face as she spoke, as if the words physically hurt her - and they may as well have, with the ferocity of the memory flashing across her mind's eye. "Your purpose, Thor, is to protect our kin, teach them strength, teach them honour, teach them about the balance we must keep, about the love and devotion we all share as a family, together, as one. We can, and we will, endure anything as long as we hold together."

As she continued speaking, the little mare seemed to transform, the depression slipping away slightly, the deep, raging fires within her seeping out, setting her golden gaze ablaze with purpose, with passion, with an almost dangerous gleam. The curvaceous nape arced as the shadow leader looked to the horizon, her dragon sitting atop the crest of her nape with wings unfurled, letting loose a small stream of fire as if to openly agree to her bonded's words, which of course she did.
background pattern by webstreats @ flickr.com

Messages In This Thread
THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-13-2013, 07:22 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-15-2013, 12:13 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-19-2013, 11:38 PM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Mirage - 06-23-2013, 07:43 AM
RE: THE FALLLEN; TO RISE AGAIN [MIRAGE] - by Thor - 06-23-2013, 10:37 AM