the Rift

[OPEN] A little lost still

Castiel Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::
The stallion had a way with this mare he knew how to make the girl tick and what buttons he could push unintentionally of course. Giggling the unicorn nickered as the mare licked him clean enjoying the grooming the paint arched his neck enjoying the rub down. With his hair standing up the stud shook just like a horse that just received a bath laughing the tobiono painted unicorn did the same to the mare in return making sure to get every inch on her “You are wonderfully silly” he spoke as they held each other. Feeling something off in the air the unicorn looked up and sighed in frustration as the mare pointed it out this darn cloud was ruining their time together something the stallion didn’t take kindly to. Getting protective the unicorn sheltered the horse who he loved deeply close to his chest “You will have to lean on me and I will do my best to carry you we have to move fast love’ the stud spoke calmly as to reassure the mare “let’s go” the stud said slinging most of her weight onto his back grunting “there I can handle this don’t you go worrying about me we are gonna leave this awful place” the cloud was creeping the paint out and very much so he wanted to stab it with his horn to pop it like a balloon “ damn cloud” he swear at it as he started to step slowly forward. Sensing more souls amongst them the horned horse addressed them “ You don’t scare me your dead and your lives over so do me a favor and be happy with that” the stud didn’t mean to provoke them, but had to give them a piece of his mind

Saffron Posts: N/A
Unregistered
Saffron laughed a little at the feeling of being cleaned with his toung. She loved it but soon stopped laughing as she felt most of her weight being picked up and moved. “Honey you sure you can hold that much of me?” She asked as she walked with him just moving at his pace as she could feel the air getting tighter around them. Something was going on, with the words that came from the studs mouth it didn’t help her much. Now she knew that she wasn’t losing it fully and that that damn cloud was making ghosts nice and not so nice come over to them. Soon Saffron was pushed out of thoughts as it was hard on her to walk even like this with maybe half her weight at most but the storm made her keep going pushing thought any pain. “Honey where are we going to go?” She asked scared and worried about them both. Her legs and just her lovers over all heath since he was a little smaller then her and trying to carry her. As they went Saffron looked back and then down at her legs. They where now looking really bad but she wouldn’t say anything about it until she felt something touching them. Saffron whinnied and kicked out at whatever it was touching her. She was really starting to hate it there more and more. “How much more” She hated to ask again but her legs where back to looking bad and where starting to get hot again. Saffron sighed to her self before turning to the cold that nipped at her rump and around them. “Stop it!!! We are leaving can’t you see” She screamed and then moved her head down to push harder on walking.

Random Event Posts: 1,286
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: ::

Oh dear, Castiel. I don't think the cloud liked that very much..

The cloud is now definitely lower - it's skimming the tree tops of the marsh, and casting an eerie shadow onto the ground. There is also, as I mentioned before, definitely a face in the cloud - happily smiling, as if painted on by a child. Suddenly, an almost mechanical hum - or no wait - is it a churning sound? Maybe it sounds like buzzing...It's so unnatural, that it's hard to put into words. Simply, it's making a pretty strange sound as it begins to descend lower. As it nears, the harmless white colour seems to fade away, revealing a dark blue/gray cloud which definitely seems like it's about to burst.

And then, before you can even say are you two having a bad hair day, it pops.

From within the bowels of the smiley-faced cloud, come large raindrops. But not just any raindrops - these ones smell like sulphur. They smell as if they were drawn up right a naturally occurring hot spring, and have been tainted by the rotten-egg smell of the mountains. This in itself is unnerving, as the least this cloud could do, would be to have that gentle-summer-rain smell, but noooo. Not this time. Not in the marsh.

As the rain falls onto the leaves which have begun to become saturated with it, they begin to sizzle and start to corrode. The edges burn to roll in on themselves, as the rain touches them - it is now that you should be truly afraid. And if you aren't, let me spell it out for you: The cloud, is raining acid.

Acid.

As it falls down, only managing to sprinkle Castiel and Saffron (given the canopy of trees above taking the brunt of the rain), they become burned as well. Due to their thick coats, as this is the middle of Frostfall, the burns are only 1st degree, singing the hair and the first layer of skin but going no deeper. But these are no normal burns, and will take longer to heal than any others would.

And you know what the worst part is? That cloud is still smiling.

[Uh oh! Both Castiel and Saffron have acid burns. Their burns will be painful for 2 weeks of real time, and will have fully healed after 1 month of real time.]

darknightoftroy

Unregistered
The stallion had to get his lover out of this place which seemed to be a hell of spawn spat out onto the earth because even the devil couldn’t handle these souls. Being worried for the safety of his beloved black painted mare the unicorn stud moved swiftly carrying her weight he knew as they went on that the lady was in terrible pain, but the horned horse couldn’t stop not now in a land tainted by malevolent spirits literally chasing them out in a form of a damn cloud. All the way the paint swore under his breath at the dead saying “ those who are dead ought to be at peace not bothering the living because they now lack a meaning” the unicorn spoke words of comfort to his lady “ I got you just keep going I know it hurts, but I refuse to let us stay here to get torn apart….don’t worry about me I can handle this weight” after that the stallion noticed the entity come closer to the ground not at all taking kindly to castiel’s insult or complaint sighing the unicorn shouted at it as he now out of adalerine slung all of the mare’s weight on top of his back and begun to gallantly trotting bearing all the weight was killing him, but he wasn't gonna allow the girl to get hurt. Too late on that for the cloud burst into acid rain above his ears heard the sizzling and cracking of the tree’s leafs then it hit like a fire searing his hair and flesh causing a loud whinny as it slashed across his rear like a whip. The unicorn didn't wait for a formal invitation the unicorn now out of the flight or fight response bolted into a run still keeping all the weight of the mare on his back the pain on his rear was searing, but out of aderaline the stallion ran his heart out to get his love out. Crying the horned horse prayed to god Saffron didn't get hurt too badly because of his comment towards the dead it wasn't like the stallion had been disrespectful. All the way in running the stud was doing some damage because of the weight, but simply didn't care for the mare was more valuable to him than his own health. Groaning in pain the painted unicorn crashed to the ground just as he cleared the border into this god awful place passing out from exhaustion.

Unregistered
Saffron turned to her love to talk with him about talking with the ghosts they where both doing it and now something bad was going down. As she heard the sound of the cloud creaking like it was heating up for a fight She wanted to run faster but know she couldn’t. Soon the words hit her and Saffron could feel him picking up all of her weight. She normally would have begged him to not do it to. That he would hurt himself and she wasn’t worth that for anything. Yet her mind couldn’t go there as she felt something on her back. Oh it burned and smelled horrible. She wasn’t sure what it was but knew that this might be what it was liked to be send to the underworld or dammed by god . As she turned a little to look the cloud looked like something that you never see in real life but there it was raining acid on them, Making welts and burns for open skin. Soon Saffron turned around and bucked a little as it hit her back and rump. She couldn’t help to beg for them to stop. “Stop!!! Please” She screamed to it but soon let out a new kind of scream as a bit splashed and hit her already inflamed front legs. Now all Saffron could do was try to not pass out or cry. Once they passed the border line and Saffron felt the drop to the floor she moved and went over whinnying and poking at her love. “Honey wake up Honey…..CAST!!!” She whinnied loud and then pawed the ground. With that she hissed in pain from it all but now it was her turn. She moved closer picking up his head trying to find if he was alive still. When she could tell he was Saffron laid down covering him with her body and trying to keep him warm and to wake him up still as she started to cry now just letting it flow out and onto the ground.

Unregistered
Cast ran with everything he had in his body using every bit of energy the equine could muster and carrying close to one thousand pounds of weight on his back strained the boy’s body in so many ways none of them were good. This act of valor over the mare pretty much depleted all stores of energy breathing heavy towards the end his lungs burned in correspondence with the searing burned flesh on his rear. All the while the unicorn heard a shrill scream everything that unfolded felt like one of his many bloody nightmares came to life the damn demons crawled out and took the cloud form. Passing out as they hit the border the unicorn woke up in a white void there was nothing in sight, but literal barren existence. Frantically the stud fought to return to reality as faintly in his ear he could hear saffron crying pleading for him to come home for as the saying goes “home is where your heart is” his heart was with her. Screaming the stallion fought to wake up, but couldn’t after awhile he just started sobbing then out of thin air his farther appeared smiling “well my boy grew up on me…you could have been wiser” cast stared at him wide eyed “where am I…why….is this real” all the questions came out jumbled, but the unicorn’s dad understood “you son are technically dead you over worked your heart and now your let’s say in between the pit and the golden gates. I got you a second chance boy next time don’t be foolish ….oh take care of that girl of yours I like her” after speaking the older unicorn hugged his son tight it felt real making cast cry on him “I miss you daddy I love you so much” then like waking from a night mare the unicorn’s eyes snapped open he was on the cold forest floor with saffron on top of him. Taking a deep gasp of air his heart started to beat again stirring slightly he sunk his head next to the mare’s kissing her ear he whispered into it “ why does my beautiful saffron weep like a widow I am still here” wiping away her tears the stallion deeply kissed her like it was the last time he ever would “ I love you so much saffron so damn much it hurts” playfully tugged on her forelock “ my girl my lovely girl” coming more into reality the stud realized the burns on her bad legs and how badly swollen they were smiling the stallion looked into his mate’s eyes “ we got each other and my farther says you’re a keeper

Unregistered
Saffron kept crying and pushing for him to wake up. He legs where still burning from everything and she had rolled in a little dirt to make it better but really there wasn’t much of her that cared if her love was gone forever. Once She gave up on trying to get him up she just laid there rubbing him. It was when she felt the kiss and then the soft words. Her eyes lighting up as she moved up getting off him a little and kissing him back like it would be there last time. “I-I….Honey” Was all she got out before pulling on him and getting up to get something for his wounds. She still shook as she walked and it looked bad but there wasn’t a tear coming out. It took Saffron about 5 trips before she got all of the stuff she could need and laid it on him. Once she was done she fell to the ground. Showing no guard for herself only for her loves body. “I-I’m fine” She said and kissed him before moving closer and rubbing him. She couldn’t help to think of what he said about his dad and then it hurt her. “Y-You saw him” She said before smiling a little and moving wishing should could have in some way. Soon She just fell into her own world to get out of anything that was going on around them. She kept rubbing his mane and moved to other places before she stopped and laid on her side. Now that she knew her love was okay and that she had got them coved in mud her legs her on fire. Soon Saffron ripped off the splints her love had made her and laid there still only trying to nurse him back into heath and not letting him see her and how bad she got it.,.

Unregistered
Coming back into the world from death was like being struck from a train the stallion was dazed and confused, but had been able to do basic functions such as talk and move around. Blinking everything seemed hazy the only thing crystal clear was the lady he could feel her, but the world was numb still. So out of fear the stud clung tight to the mare when she kissed and held him when the lady got up the unicorn protested in a grunt however couldn’t find a way to tell her to stop he knew she was hurting herself. Phasing in and out the horned horse couldn’t really protest the girl running to get stuff for his wounds coming around more fully the stallion got to his legs shakily and walked crookedly over to her saying “ st…stop don’t you’re going to” his words got cut off as he felt more light headed and fell over “ouch” the stud muttered and cried in pain as his rear seared from the burn “ You’re a terrible lair I know you’re not ok” he spoke in frustration “I am suppose to be taking care of you right now…I just need to get my bearing back” Trying once more to get to his feet the unicorn fell flat on his face “ my body aches so much we need to rest…..I am lucky to be alive I saw my dad….honey I died I was dead and he..he was waiting on the other side or in between for me he told he got me a second chance somehow that I needed to treasure you above all else” Moaning in agony as his body ached he clung to the mare when she held him the pain made him cry clenching his teeth the stud buried his head into her warm chest “ I feel like I was beat” after awhile the pain made him pass out into a sleep every once in awhile he would wake startled thinking he had died again

Unregistered
Saffron held him close and rubbed him. “Shh honey don’t push yourself and I won’t do it too” She knew he had died already that was easy for her to see. She kept rubbing him and trying to get him better. It wasn’t working as she hoped it would. As she saw him fall she ran over and pushed her love back up and then to the ground. Now she could fully tell that they would be here a while. All Saffron could do she did for him until she found him passed out again. Soon her own body hurt and pushed her so much she also passed out. In the time she slept she could feel her and dreamed of her legs burning off. Waking from the night mare she started to cry and move. Now they looked worse and her body felt the same like someone had taken a wipe to her and hit her over and over again. Soon sleep took her again this time deeper then before also into another world. She could hear her mother and smell her like a new born foal knowing just by the smell. Saffron could even feel her rubbing her and grooming her. “Mom!! Where are you?“ She begged for her and turned. Soon in his land getting up and looking around more. It was only then she saw her a sold colored horse walking over. With just that Saffron started to cry and moved to be closer to her. They rubbed necks and moved. “Mom you’re here” She said again just taking it all in. Her mother nodded before smiling more. “I am dear but you must listen to me keep close to your love and give him what you both want a foal of your own” Saffron nodded wanting that and then looked down at her legs. “I can’t take his weight and I am hurt from other thing” Her mother didn’t even seem to worry about it as she rubbed her all over. “Not now both of you need to rest now but once you are both better I want you to let him no fussing I know you might not like it but let him he’s sweet to you and I like him” Saffron smiled and moved a little. “He said the same to me that his dad told him to keep me close” With just the little words She was out of and away from her mother but still in his dark land of nothing. On the outside Saffron was stock still nothing move at all and her breathing got low making it look like nothing was coming out of her. She stayed for like for hours apron hours a now high fever keeping her there.

Unregistered
Waking up in sharp pain the stud weakly moved around he felt slightly better however it wasn’t enough to get him to move he just staid firmly snuggled with his head in her chest, but something hadn’t been right the thumping in the mare’s chest got shallow. Panicked the stallion pushed against the mare’s chest weakly managing to say “wake up please no don’t you dare leave me alone in this world without you” he wanted to cry, but the tear well was all dried up like a parched dessert. After awhile he just held her close he didn’t care if she was dead he would let the pain kill him in her embrace before the stud would ever try to live alone. Fearing the worst the unicorn stallion spoke towards the star specked sky “Please don’t take my saffron I need her you told me to keep her close and I am doing that” and shivered from the cold this cause him to curl more into the lady’s body to stay warm. Looking at her legs he could tell they were bad kissing her forehead the stud felt a high pitched fever sighing the painted unicorn just held her tightly as much as nature would allow them to be close together. “Come on saffron come on…if you with someone tell them that I love them for taking care of you” he whispered into the painted mare’s ears as he played with them. Eventually the stud kissed her as if it was good bye because he didn’t know if their time together got cut short “ you would be such a good mother I could see that now you know a beautiful filly just like you smiling at me…” starts to cry “ calling me daddy wanting to play around with her she has your eyes those gorgeous eyes” The unicorn really hoped they could have that family, but in these dark times the paint had no clue if that dream would ever come true

Unregistered
As Saffron stand there she could feel little thing from the outside world. Like her chest being touching her or body being moved or even the whispered of her love. Yet they where all so faint like a light wind. Just a little and its gone. She soon turned back to her mother who was there again and smiled. “He loves how you brought me up and made me who I am” She then looked over. “Sweet filly I never did anything like that you where gone before I could even touch you in that way.” Saffron had forgotten how long she had without her mother around her. It still hurt to think about and yet now all it did was bring that loving touch or was that her mate. After a while longer the one color horse kissed her and left her for good. Saffron now knew nothing of what to do in here but one thing she need to do was get out. It took hours for her too. As fever and other things kept her deep down. Once her eyes opened they where glassed over she could see nothing but to her it didn’t matter. Saffron turned her nose and reached over playing as she bit her loves ear. She then laid her hand down. “I Love you and so does my mother” She said in almost a way of it being her last words but she wouldn’t go that easy she moved her breathing still not great but she was there for her love. “I hope it gets your eyes” She said and moved as close as she could soon falling back to sleep thinking of there foal. Once she woke again it was dark and she was hungry and needing water. Yet there was nothing she could get without moving. As she turned to her love she killed him and started to do what she could to clean him and keep her mind off food. “Honey wake up…..please I want to talk” She said before leaning closer and pulling on him to get up a little more. It wasn’t long after that Saffron felt something as a little bit of stuff ran out of her. She moved and then sighed knowing if they never got a family she would made one with other things around them.