the Rift

Them Bones

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

Luken looked rather frightened by my question, and I nearly tipped my head to one side in curiosity at his expression. I had only been curious, and as I had told Laila before, I didn't mind their wandering so long as they kept themselves out of harms way to the best of their abilities. I worried constantly for my children's well-being, of course, for I knew that their mother's abrupt departure had torn their hearts to shreds, and I could only do so much to console them... But they were strong, and never did I doubt them in their decisions.

But for now, in the company of others, I wouldn't coddle my son. It was just a simple question, after all, and I was over-thinking it all.

"Oh?" I inquired with a quirked brow, thinking back to the time I had traveled to the Veins myself, which was ultimately the reason why we were here in this marshy wasteland. It was at the Veins I had been granted the Lord of Fire's presence, and thus, the gift of a quest. Had my pale son gone to seek something of his own? Prying was the last thing I ever wanted to do, and I wouldn't force Luken into saying anything, but I couldn't help but at least ask. The burn covering his shoulders was certainly worrisome for a father such as I. "May I ask for what reason? I have been twice, and that is why I've asked everyone to accompany me here."

When the strawberry toned mare spoke up, proclaiming that she had been to these parts before, I felt my heart threaten to leap into my throat. My next step hesitated a second before carrying on, and bister eyes took on a gentle appearance. The break in her voice chipped a little piece of my heart away with it. "I am sorry to hear that, miss," I spoke up, keeping my words simple so as not to stir up anymore painful memories for the roan; I could only guess how much pain bubbled within her gut with every step she took deeper into these marshes. Her bravery to return here after such an awful incident was truly admirable.

Kaj, too, claimed to have wandered further than these marshes. I wasn't terribly surprised, for although his heart and loyalty lie in the World's Edge, my fellow Winglead took me as a wandering soul.

As everyone found their own section to begin digging, it took a surprisingly short amount of time for somebody to claim they'd found something. Lifting my head, I caught the golden frame of my Brother making haste to Resplendence. Though I had never seen this mare until now, I could see that it was a completely different story in regards to her and Kaj. Like siblings they acted, Kaj taking on the role of big brother and Resplendence, the young sister who was still afraid of monsters, and rightfully so. When I caught the sight of Kaj's curious look, I cast a gentle smile back to him and pulled my hooves from where they had been sucked in, making my way over to the pair.

Just as I reached them, however, something strange began to happen. From the area Resplendence had previously been prodding around, the water began to bubble; first a little bubble here and there, and then more, and then more until finally, something began to rise from the waters. A skull, yellowed and worn throughout years of being stuck in its muddy prison, seemed to rise to the surface like magic, the empty sockets of its eyes tilted to look up at those standing over it. Beneath it, Suli was struggling to keep it held up, a proud, wide, toothy smile stretched out across her face.

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-04-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Them Bones - by Luken - 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Resplendence - 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Kaj - 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM