the Rift

Them Bones

Destrier Posts: 180
Outcast atk: 5 | def: 7.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.3hh :: 16 HP: 65.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Suli :: Common Green Dragon :: Fire Breath & Merlin :: Plain Black Dragon :: Frost Breath Dingo

we are like birds of a feather
we are two hearts joined together
we will be forever as one
my brother under the sun </style>

We dig, and dig, and dig... and dig.

It was an arduous task, we beings so unsuited to the much and grime that continually threatened to pull us under and never let go. The squelch and popping of the mud beneath our hooves was relentless as we searched, and for some time our efforts seemed meaningless. There was no success, no findings, only the creeping discomfort that came when we would discover a solid mass beneath the murky water. I had never been one to be easily unnerved, but the possibility of finding the body of some unfortunate soul was ever present in the back of my mind throughout our search. I dreaded it, grew stiff whenever I would strike something out of the norm, but thankfully, no bodies ever showed up during our digging.

A good two or so hours into it was when we found our first worthy discovery. Suli had been the one to bring it up from her diving adventure; a long bone with slight curvature, resembling the spines that lined the little green's back, but of much larger proportions. I'd sent her back down to search the area once more, and much to my pleasure, there seemed to be quite a few more. They all retained similar shape and structure, but they all varied in size. When there proved to be no more, we continued in a more focused area around where the spines had been found. Soon, we had found a plethora of bones.

With black pelt already covered with grime, I'd long since stopped caring how I went about my search. So when I struck a hard, bone-like mass, I plunged my muzzle into the waters, albeit hesitantly, and began to feel around. It was a strange shape, smooth in some places but jagged in other parts. Pulling my head back up, I went about using one leg to carefully pull and pry it away from its muddy grave until finally, it was upon the tiny shore for all to see.

I had found a skull; long, appearing to be the same size as my own or close to it. I could only imagine how long it had been stuck here beyond vision, an old legend waiting to be recovered again. It had long since been discolored by the stagnant, dirty water, plagued with an aroma that would make anyone turn up their nose. Many of the teeth were missing from the jaw, but a few still remained nestled within the bone, long and deadly.

From Suli, I could feel a great deal of sadness radiating from her. I did my best to silently console her, for this was of her kin, but long since gone from this world for all that we knew. But I was not here to simply take these gems and show them off to all who would look; they would be put to use, and I would restore their glory if it was the last thing I did.

image by blu | table code by tamme

You may attack and use magic on Des at any time for any reason.

HP: 66.5

Messages In This Thread
Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-04-2013, 03:09 AM
RE: Them Bones - by Luken - 08-06-2013, 08:31 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Resplendence - 08-06-2013, 10:02 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Kaj - 08-09-2013, 10:41 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 08-27-2013, 07:24 PM
RE: Them Bones - by Destrier - 01-08-2014, 02:14 PM